Sunday, November 27, 2016

Weigh-In Day




I'm so glad I didn't quit!  I weighed in today at 184.9 for a total of 4.7 pounds lost in two weeks.  Check out my progress here.  

Yesterday was still challenging getting back on track because some of the super-delicious food was around.  And it's not that I can't have it or that it's incredibly high in POINTS.  I made food that wouldn't be unmanageable.  It's just that it's so good it's hard to stop.  But, I did.  I went over my POINTS a little, but very reasonably and only because I was super hungry.

For supper I had some turkey casserole over squash (which I had purposely added no extra ingredients to on Thanksgiving).  It really was good, but I wanted more.  I thought about my goal and decided to stop.  After about an hour and a half I was hungry again, but I waited a little while until the kids went to bed because I wasn't ravenous.  After everyone was in bed I had a salad and a Greek Yogurt.  It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it filled my belly.  Earlier in the day I had indulged in pudding pie and I couldn't afford, POINTS-wise, anything too big.  I made the salad with 0 POINT veggies and fat free dressing for a 0 POINT salad.  

I'm really trying to see the goal.  I'm trying to remember my ankles are hurting.   From what I've read, it's plantar fasciitis.  I have suffered with this in college when I used to run, but the symptoms were a little different.  My feet and shins used to be the source of pain, not my ankles.  Also, from reading a few articles online, I've discovered that many people feel relief after losing weight.  I imagine that will be the case for me.

On another note, I want to buy some more winter squash.  I never was a fan as a kid, but as an adult I developed a taste for it.  So far this season I've roasted two acorn squashes and they were so delicious.  At one POINT per cup, they are a bargain for how full they make you feel.  Like I said, yesterday I had some with turkey casserole.  I've also had it with chicken chili which tasted even better than I had expected.  If you like acorn or butternut or any of the winter squashes, I highly recommend adding them to your menu.

That's all for today and I will keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment