Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Day 2 and Feeling Strong




Well, maybe if I write that I'm feeling strong it will actually happen!  I just ate for breakfast what I had yesterday and it was satisfying, though I would love more.  I ate a piece of baked ziti and from what I can tell that clocks in at about 8 POINTS.  At least that's what a piece of lasagna would be so I'm calling it equivalent.

I'm down a little bit this morning.  I'm not going to write the number because I think tracking weekly will be a better option.  I ate over my points, for a total of 40 POINTS yesterday and the scale still moved, so I 'll consider that progress.  According to my calculations I ate around 2000 calories, which is still considerably less than I've been eating.  There were times in the day where I was absolutely ravenous.

I rode the exercise bike while watching TV and found that my left knee started hurting 15 minutes in. For good or ill, I continued on because I wanted to start good habits and because I wanted to shave a couple points off my total.  So in reality, without the 2 points subtracted, I ate 42 POINTS.  Overall it's not a bad beginning.  I remember from the past that the first two weeks are the hardest, maybe the first 10 days really.

So today I'm off to a decent start.

I never made a real list yesterday, so that will be on my list of things to do today.  I want to stock the house with foods that will set me up for success.

Being this size is not a good option for me.  I'm uncomfortable.  When I weighed in the 160s I could reasonably say that my weight didn't affect my daily activities.  In the high 180s, almost 190s, I can't say the same.  This is why I must do this.

I want to feel good again.

No comments:

Post a Comment