Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Day One




I decided to go with a classic plan that will allow me to live my life and eat regular food with the rest of my friends and family.  The best I can see it, for now the original POINTS system from Weight Watchers is going to work best for me.  I am giving myself permission to flip back and forth on any given week between any of the weight watchers plans.  Also, daily I may choose to do the Simply Filling method.

I will not be attending meetings as of this point, but I will not say it's not going to happen at some point.  But for now, meetings are an inconvenience because of the times and locations they are at.

My plan is to allow myself days off for holiday or special days like Thanksgiving and Christmas, which are coming up quickly.  For those days, I will not count but I will subtract (for the old POINTS plan) 7 points from my weekly total and just not worry about the rest.  I will aim to eat to satisfaction and enjoy my day.  I find when I feel deprived once, I can do it, but I rebel after a second time of feeling deprived.  This is my typical pattern.

Today I will think about foods to buy and make a list so everything works smoothly and so I don't worry about what I'm going to eat.  For now, until I go shopping, I will just use what is in the house.  I began my day with a piece of left over baked ziti.  Unconventional?  Maybe, but it has protein, dairy and carbs and I counted it.  So it's all good!

I weighed in a little less today than two days ago.  Today I weigh 85.3 kg, which is around 188 pounds.

Just a note up front.  I don't endorse any diet or lifestyle and you may find me switching throughout the writing of this blog.  We all have to do what works for us at the time.  What works now, might be too challenging at another point in time.  For now, I'm doing the best I can to make a change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment