Yesterday was a good on-plan day and the scale continues to move in the right direction. I know I shouldn't tie how I feel to that number, but it's definitely hard! I need to remind myself that sometimes, especially at certain times of the month, the number may not move and may even rise slightly. I'm telling myself right now. Do not despair! Do not let the number on the scale determine your behavior with food. If you do what you know works, it will go down. And as you get closer to your goal, it will take longer, but it will go down.
Be reasonable and honest.
As far as food went yesterday, I made the mistake of eating something with chicory or inulin. It was a Chobani 100 yogurt. Tasty and delicious, but three grams of fiber that were not naturally occurring led to stomach ickyness and gas. I know this happens when I eat that fiber, I was just not paying attention to the fact that it was in my yogurt. I'm sure glad I only bought one of those.
Another lesson: I ate too much acid yesterday. My body cannot handle multiple coffees and tomato products in a short span of time. I made the mistake of eating salsa at breakfast, chili at lunch and pasta with red sauce for dinner. Top that with two coffees. Well, whoops. I took a Zantac last night and I'll take another today. I know it will be fine after that. I know I can't eat like that, but everything tasted so good!
The fridge is stocked with good food and I plan to have another great day. My tentative plan is to write and/or link some recipes to have here so they are easy to access.
Be the change you want to see!
No comments:
Post a Comment