Monday, November 21, 2016

Keep On Keeping On




I told myself I wouldn't weigh until Sunday this week.  Well, I weighed this morning and it was up a smidgen.  I'm only a few days away from my monthly cycle so I know that's why.  I need to remember to not despair and keep doing what I know will work.  I don't feel excessively discouraged, but I am committing to stay off the scale until my next weigh in date on Sunday.  Thanksgiving will fall in between now and then and I am planning to allow myself to eat what I want on Thanksgiving.  To set myself up for success, I will have some options that I can eat the following days.  One thing I plan on making is cherry pie with sugar free cherry pie filling.  And turkey is perfect for my plan.  I have light mayonnaise on hand if I want to eat it as turkey salad.  Basically, I'll have food that is great for Thanksgiving but will also work for every other day.

Yesterday I felt really good.  I was on plan and it felt motivating to stay on plan.  For me, that small high is a sign I need to be aware.  Each time I get to that point, somehow I seem to get comfortable and end up quitting.  I am aware of it and that is a good thing.

This morning some discouraging thoughts came into my head.  I was wondering if I was really doing the right thing, or if I should have just not bothered.  I know this is my doubt and I know it's my hormone cycle.  Once you start paying attention, it's crazy to realize how much control hormones have over your emotions.  But once again, being aware I can be on the lookout for negative emotions and exert self control so as not to not fall into a pattern of negativity.

On another note, I am liking the old Weight Watchers POINTS plan.  In the future I may used Points Plus to mix it up, or even go ahead and do Simply Filling sometime.  Right now, though, I will stick with the original POINTS.  If more reliable Smartpoints information comes out online I may give that a go as well.  I think staying committed to one plan (Weight Watchers), and yet having some variation within that plan is a great option to combat boredom.  For now though, it's classic POINTS for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment