Saturday, November 19, 2016

Weekend Eats




Today is Saturday and it's a good day.  I started my day with an 8 POINT breakfast and coffee with sugar free peppermint mocha creamer.  That stuff is awesome by the way.  I think I like it better than the pumpkin spice.

I wanted to mention that I have found if I don't skimp on breakfast then I'm much happier waiting until lunch to eat.  I don't feel compelled to snack on 3-4 POINT items to tide me over until lunch time.  I think it really is true, at least for me, that it's better to group food into 3 higher POINT meals and use what's leftover for snacking.  If I don't have a meal that fills me up, I just end up ravenous later.  Air popped popcorn at night helps too!  Many nights I have 3 points worth and it's very satisfying topped with one of my favorite Kernel Season's.

I know I have my monthly friend coming along here soon, so I know I need to be aware that I will have a hungry day coming up.  It's been true for ages.  I have one really ravenous day.  I'm hoping it falls on Thanksgiving!

As I said before, I will not be counting points on Thanksgiving.  I'm saying it upfront so as to avoid guilt and after-holiday bingeing.  Friday I'm right back on track.

On a good note, I went down on the scale another little bit today.  Tomorrow is my official weigh in date (decided by me, lol!).  I want to keep the stats consistent.

This time round I really feel like I've learned so much and I pray I keep my attitude good.  It's really all in the head, this weight loss stuff.  It's so good to write it all here.

No comments:

Post a Comment