Thursday, February 1, 2018

Short Term Goal




Right now I weigh 170.1 pounds.  According to the (some say outdated) BMI charts I'm obese.  In order to be "normal", I need to weigh no more than 136 pounds, a weight I haven't seen since my college years when I was often running over twenty miles per week and eating quite a bit less than I am now.  I'm not willing to live like that in my late thirties.  With an overall goal of 150 pounds,  the overweight category is fine with me.

And that brings me to my short term goal...

I want to make it out of the obese category.  To do that I need to lose 6 pounds.  I want to do that by April 1.  Sounds like a long time, but I know me and weight loss.

As I've stated, my ultimate goal is 150 pounds.  Being 170 has made me complacent because I'm actually quite comfortable.  I am not getting pinched just bending over.  I don't have that icky stuffed-into-my-pants feeling from my jeans.  My joints don't constantly ache and I'm not feeling too old.  As for jeans size, I am in a 14 very comfortably.

I don't want to stay here though.

I would like to get down to a size 10 or 12, a place where my body feels even younger and more revived.  I still have a bit of loose fat that I'd like to firm up.  Firm fat my mom and I used to call it.  Funny.  No, I don't want firm fat, I want to burn the fat and get some muscle. 150 pounds is not a magic number, it's just a place I know I'll feel good at without being saggy in the face.  I want to avoid that!


No comments:

Post a Comment