Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Weighing in on Freestyle




In December I decided to sign up for Weight Watchers online.  It was around $40 for a three month trial.  Not bad, right?  I haven't used the tracker or program consistently since then and now I'm thinking I really should have.  In December when I signed up it was because I felt aimless and needed some direction with my diet.  I tried it for a couple days and fell out of step shortly thereafter.

You see, Weight Watchers Freestyle takes a bit of planning.  A person my height and weight gets only 23 Smartpoints per day.   If I don't plan properly, those will all be gone by 10am.  Anything high(ish) in saturated fat or even moderate in sugar causes the point value to skyrocket.  For example, with a low-fat brownie, the points double.  The idea is that the plan steers you toward better choices.  If you don't plan, though, it will just steer you toward discouragement.

This weekend and the days leading up to it I let a bit too loose (after yet another failed attempt on Trim Healthy Mama).  And even if it was only water weight, I packed on over two pounds in a couple of days.  Not good.

So I decided that I wasn't going to spiral out of control or throw caution to the wind.  It was time to try the Freestyle program for real this time.  So that's what I'm doing.  And as long as I have eggs, yogurt, chicken, fruit and vegetables, I feel great.  Well, for the two days I've been on plan!

And call it coincidence or internet spies or whatever you want, but I got a Weight Watchers flyer in the mail and they're running a special with a free kit.  Maybe my motivation will bring me to meetings.  Maybe.

Click here to see my weight loss charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment