Sunday, March 5, 2017

Weigh-In Day




Today is weigh in day!  179 pounds!  Exclamation points because I'm in the 170s and because I've now crossed over to have lost over 10 pounds!  It's a milestone for me and I'm psyched.  I have been hanging around in the 180s for so long, I forgot how good it felt.

On another note, the ankle pain is still present. I'm actually thinking it might be more related to shoes than anything else.  I think it's time for me to get some new sneakers.    Also, I was concerned that a supplement I was taking had been contributing to joint pain and now I'm not sure that is the case.  Things to consider as we get older, so funny.

I've been continuing with Weight Watchers FlexPoints, using my old materials.  I would love to get my hands on a legit slide rule, but the one I made from an online template works fine.  It's just seen better days.

I've considered going back to THM or even doing Simply Filling, but I'm happily plugging along and, fortunately, I've gotten past the ravenous stage.  That's really what holds me back.  I also think keeping my POINTS (and therefore calories) a bit higher really has helped in the hunger department.

I started giving myself 31 daily POINTS, then moved to 30.  Last week my average, which included using activity and weekly points, was 37.5 POINTS, which works out to around 1880 calories on average per day.  That's much higher than the recommended number for me.  Funny enough, though, that's close to what is recommended to maintain a number near my goal weight.

The Weight Watchers FlexPoints system says my number should be around 24 POINTS, with 35 weeklies and any added activity points.  That rounds out around 30 points per day if I were to earn and use 9-10 activity points and use all of my weeklies.  That's very roughly around 1500 calories, not too bad, you say.  However, eating over 1800 calories keeps me so much more happy and satisfied.  If it's contributing to a slower weight loss, so be it.  It's worth it to me.

This week my average over six days (because I can't include today yet!) is around 37.5 again.  The number jumps around but that's the average.  Some people even think switching up the calories is part of what helps with weight loss.  Who knows?  Here are the numbers for Monday through Saturday so you can see:  38, 28, 48, 33, 44, 34.  If you're familiar with the Wendie Plan, this akin to what she recommends.

My mindset is so different than it was a few short months ago.  I don't feel like giving up and settling, but I also don't hate my body where it's at.  You can love your body and want to make it better.  Those things can coexist.

So there you have it, another weigh in, and a successful one at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment