Friday, January 20, 2017

Why Settle?




I'll try not to get too excited, but the scale was in my favor this morning.  It wasn't drastic or anything crazy.  But it was my lowest so far since I've been tracking on this blog.  I know tomorrow it might not be.  So I remind myself to not lose hope.  Just look for a downward trend and be happy with the victories that do come.

As I stated in my last entry, I was doing what works.  So yesterday I chose to go back to THM.  Who knows how long?  Maybe another 10 days maybe longer.  It doesn't even matter to me.  What I'm doing is making the scale move and that sounds good to me.  As far as my calculations go, this is the week in my cycle that I usually don't drop weight, so I'll take any decrease in numbers.  I've really been trying to listen to my body and my mind and most of all I've been keeping in mind my goal to JUST NOT QUIT.

This is the year when I finally say goodbye to these 20 extra pounds I've been carrying for around three years.  This is the year when I will look to lose even more of those extra 20 pounds.

This is the year I choose not to quit.  I may not find the right plan or the right attitude immediately, but I will keep on keeping on because: why not? Why settle for a chubby uncomfortable body?

Intuitive eating taught me some things and one of the most important things is loving myself whatever weight I'm at.  That's a good thing.  I can love myself where I'm at.  What it didn't teach me is that I don't have to stay where I'm at in order to love myself where I'm at.

I really think intuitive eating left me high and dry and messed with something good that I had going, but it gave me some good nuggets.  These past few years I've learned to let go of all-or-nothing, black-and-white thinking.  It finally trickled down into my diet and I can see the good and bad in many plans and I am finally using it to my advantage.

This year is a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment