Saturday, August 27, 2022

Eating Lots of Salad


After writing last week's post I stepped on the scale and to my wonderful surprise I had lost weight, over a pound from the previous week.  I had been ready to quit and the universe gave me a nudge.  Not time to quit now, Jill.  You said you wouldn't quit.

So I had a pretty good eating day Saturday and I felt good about it.  I was ready to not give up.

The rest of the week I didn't really follow a plan other than doing my daily 15 minute lunch walk, eating lots of salad and generally eating less food.  I did do a pretty intense exercise routine on Tuesday.  It was from a YouTube channel called Grow with Jo.  It's difficult but not impossible like p90x or something like that.

It was easy to eat less food.  I just packed less in my lunch bag and made sure not to go crazy when I got home.  I did have dessert on several nights so I'm not sure how the scale will treat me when I get on it this morning.  

I had pizza last night with friends but stopped after two pieces.  I'm not saying I've not indulged this week. I have.  But I haven't gorged myself at all.  And I have thought a little less about food.  

Basically I pack a reasonable breakfast and lunch for work and come home to eat a reasonable supper.  This week I had frozen yogurt and cookie dough in the freezer.  I had one of those each night after supper.  Best choice?  No.  End of the world?  Certainly not.

Earlier in the week the scale was up but, weirdly, I felt thinner.  I know that for me intense exercise causes me to hold on to water for a few days.  Unfortunately so does pizza and, as mentioned, I had that for supper last night. I may take a weight from Sunday this week for the chart.  I'll see what numbers I get.

I don't have much big news to report this week.  

My attitude is good, although less in weight loss mode and more in healthy eating mode.  I've eaten at least 5 or 6 salads this week.  I've also included healthy fats like avocado and nuts in reasonable amounts.  I made an effort to eat a lot of berries, fruits and vegetables and I felt good about it.  I enjoy healthy food.  

This week the plan is to continue packing smaller lunches and to get in some exercise each day.  At a minimum I want to do my short walks. Ideally I'd like to add in 3 days of additional walks after supper or exercise videos.  

I've still been thinking about getting an exercise bike but haven't so far.  

Here's to a good week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment