Monday, November 11, 2019

Weigh In Day




I exceeded my points allowance this week, but not too badly.  And it's all good.  I ate less than I have in a while.  I am happy to report my weight is 170.4 pounds today for a total loss of 2.4 pounds since last week and 19.2 pounds since I began this adventure in 2106.  

I really do like the old Weight Watchers plan.  It fits my life and food preferences well.  I have tried a variety of diets but some of them don't work well for me.  

For example, I tried low carb.  I tend to get stomachaches on this plan.  And I feel cloudy.  I don't like that.  I've also counted fat grams.  I was honestly a fan of that in high school all the way through to college.  It kept me at a good place weight-wise.  Unfortunately I did not get enough nutrients.  At least that's what I'm assuming seeing as I had peeling fingernails all the time.  I should have been taking a multivitamin.  I'm sure that would have solved the fingernail issue.  When I was younger I didn't tend to optimize my nutrient intake.  Now I do it through supplements.

I've also tried a form of carb cycling known as Trim Healthy Mama.  I wanted to like that plan.  I wanted so badly for it to work for me but many the foods gave me terrible intestinal upset.  It tends to be a very high fiber plan.  It's also quite high fat during the lower carb times.  I can't eat very high fiber (think bread made from psyllium, oat fiber muffins, oatmeal, lots of veggies, coconut oil candies).  I really enjoyed the tastes of these things but I kept getting stomachaches.  In the future I would even be willing to try this plan if I could figure out a way to make it work for me.  It's chock full of super foods.

I've also briefly tried calorie counting.  The numbers just felt so cumbersome that I preferred to turn to Weight Watchers which felt much the same.

Anyway, overall, the old Weight Watchers plan has been my favorite, a go to since the early 2000s.  Perhaps I will try the new plan when it rolls out.  It's supposed to be epic!!


No comments:

Post a Comment