Sunday, April 2, 2017

Weigh-In Day




Today is weigh-in day!  I'm up from yesterday, but only a little.  Today I'm at 177.6 for a total of 12 pounds lost since I started.  On a 5'2" frame I can truly feel it.  It hasn't been shocking because it's been so slow, but I can definitely tell the difference.

I will be taking body measurements today as well.  I have a mini Happy Planner that helps me keep track of food and exercise.  It also has a place to record monthly weight and measurements.  I will fill that in today.  This planner was recommended by some people I watch on You-Tube.  It definitely was a great purchase.  You can find it here if you want to check it out, though keep in mind they do update them yearly.

This weight has been coming off very slowly, but the snail-pace has been entirely because of me.  I've chosen the slow path because I know if I shock my body or do something drastic, I will surely quit.  That's what I've done every time in the past.  I've also chosen to have grace for myself and make room for normalcy in all of this.  What I've learned is what most of the experts say.  You just have to be on track most of the time.   The rest will work itself out.

I do not eat like a nutrition expert and I do not eat like a junk food junkie. I fall somewhere in between.  I love salad and fruit, but I also adore frozen yogurt and Dairy Queen soft serve.  I like diet soda (gasp!) and also Raw Apple Cider Vinegar tonics.  They are all good.  I like healthy and unhealthy and I've found a way to make it work for me.  The key for me has been mindset.  Also by default, because of eating less, I've drastically reduced sugar and fat intake.  This has caused me to crave both less.  It's a circular thing and you've got to jump in somewhere in the cycle.  There is no perfect place to start, but the perfect thing to do is simply start.

Love yourself where you are at, but don't stay where you are at.  If you are at your ideal weight and body shape, find something else in your life to make better.  Life is a constant game of improvements.  We can always be better.  It's about finding the balance between accepting yourself as you are and growing and not hating who you were.  Because who you were made you who you are.

You are enough!


You might also like:

Why Settle?
Weight Loss Charts


No comments:

Post a Comment