Tuesday, April 18, 2017
Ice Cream Temptations
The kids are home on school vacation and I'm trying to make it a relatively active one. We went to a fun place yesterday to hike and climb on rocks. I brought along a healthy lunch and made some really great choices.
The plan was to do the Simply Filling Technique yesterday, but after we had gotten home from hiking I offered the kids some leftover ice cream cake for a snack. The cake was from Easter. Only problem? Ice cream is my weakness. I thought about it and if I were to go out for ice cream even twice a week, I'd eat it less than when I keep it in the freezer. It's like it calls my name. So as you can guess by now, I had a piece.
This is not the worst of all things. The cake is gone now at least. And Weight Watchers allows for such things. Either way, I decided to just track points after the cake incident. And in the end I only went into my weeklies for one point. Overall a successful day! And I snagged three activity points for the hiking (which, by the way, I did not use yet). Plus, I am down in weight from yesterday, back to 179.0.
I've been needing a boost in weight loss, so I figured going with Simply Filling was going to give me that needed boost. Today I'm back to Simply Filling. It's not something I really aim to do long term, but when I have no plans to eat out, it's really not that difficult to follow and it's great for weight loss.
So, lessons learned? 1. I need to go out for ice cream and not keep it in the freezer. 2. I need to be thankful that I follow a plan flexible enough to allow for events like today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment