Saturday, December 17, 2016

Still No Sugary Sweets & Negative Belief

I haven't had a sugar-filled sweet since when I last talked about it on the 12th.  I haven't lost weight, but I haven't had sweets.  I have eaten homemade peanut butter cookies made with Splenda and skinny chocolate made with stevia.  I will weigh in tomorrow and we'll see what the scale says.

I was thinking, really reflecting this morning on my diet journey.  I went back in my mind through my diet adventures and mishaps.  I have pinned down the problem.  When I stopped believing dieting would work, it didn't work.  I think it might be as simple as that.

I used to go on periodic diets to maintain a weight that was suitable.  I would take breaks and that was that.  I'm not sure I gave it any negative connotation until someone told me I ought to.  Until someone told me I needed to break free from the diet cycle, I wasn't sure I needed to.

I really don't feel like telling the long and convoluted story right now, but at some point I might.  Suffice it to say that the mind is powerful and I believe weight loss happens there first.

No comments:

Post a Comment