Monday, December 12, 2016

Continually Planning Without Progress - Weigh-In a Day Late




I know myself and I can see that I have been setting myself up for failure.  Yesterday was Sunday and I forgot to weigh in so I will do it this morning.  I know the number will not have gone down, but I am hoping it has not gone up too much!

Yesterday I spent a lot of time and energy on the computer (WAY TOO MUCH!) and my hands are hurting me.  I watched a ton of Trim Healthy Mama videos.  I even made myself some low sugar/sugar-free treats.  You fill your brain enough with something and you just jump right in.

Well, I was thinking (not always a good idea) that in order to be successful I will need to do something for more than a week or two (duh!) so starting today I'm going to focus on not eating sweets unless they are the no sugar added ones.  There are plenty of things that I really enjoy such as Skinny Chocolate and Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies made with Splenda.  Whenever I'm feeling the urge for something sweet, I will reach for one of those. I need to find something to put in my pocketbook as well.  I'll be going grocery shopping soon so I'll be on the lookout.

I do not expect any giant weight losses, as I will not be actively cutting calories.  I am just hoping for a general move in the right direction.  After evaluation I realize I eat a lot of sweets!  Maybe after the holidays (famous last words, right?) I will start something stricter.

I am remembering a lot of reasons why I have not lasted on long-term diets.  On Weight Watchers or calorie counting, it's the hunger.  I get ravenously hungry, throw caution to the wind and then end up eating when I'm not even hungry after that initial stuff-your-face-until-you-can't moment.  After a few days my appetite evens out and I eventually find my way back to my starting weight or higher.  On low carb I get constipated, crave sweets, get this odd feeling in my throat (can't be good) and generally I'm super thirsty.  The athlete's foot on my left foot tends also tends to flare.  On low calorie or Weight Watchers this doesn't happen.  As I write this, I remember why I should NEVER do low carb.  It's not for me!

I realize that I follow the pattern of most typical American women.  I'm no different.  But also, I still want to lose weight for health reasons.  Plus it wouldn't hurt to look better in (or not in, lol!) my clothes!

As for the ankles, I have discovered that daily stretching seems to help, so I will continue on with that.  Not a perfect solution, but it's better.

Now, off to the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment