Monday, March 5, 2018

The 2 Day Diet




I was at the thrift store the other day and I came across this book, The 2 Day Diet.  It claimed to be a part-time diet with full-time results.  Sign me up!  LOL!  I am well-versed in diet lore and know if it's too good to be true it probably is.  And yet I bought the book.  At only 50 cents I figured it was worth the risk.

The basic premise of the diet?  Eat low carb (50 grams or less) 2 days per week and eat regular carb the rest of the week.  Upon further investigation I noticed it was also a calorie controlled diet.  Not surprising.  But I have read enough about carb-cycling to know that many people find luck with this sort of plan to get the stubborn pounds moving.  And this plan, though I may not follow it to the letter, seemed like a viable option to get me off my plateau.

So yesterday, even though I planned not to track for my peace of mind, I ate low carb until around 5.  I'll tell you, one thing low carb dieting has going for it is decrease in hunger.  In the evening I ate carbs including a bowl of ice cream and a bowl and a half of cereal with almond milk.  Still I woke up weighing less than I've weighed in a long time, 169.9 pounds.

I may give this one a fair try.  If I do I'll let you know how it goes and tell you if it's worth your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment